December 19, 2007

Golden Ticket

We got our 'golden ticket'...that last piece of paper we needed. I took it around town today getting it certified and sent it along with 12 other documents to the Chinese Consulate in Houston. I feel as if I have given birth....but was so nervous at the post office shoving all this stuff into an overnight envelope and sending it off. The postman was nice and did not take offense that I kept explaining how important all this paper was. Once it comes back from Houston, we turn it into our agency ...they translate it then send it on to China.

I did not think that this adoption would effect me this Christmas but I was wrong. Since we are 2+ months into the waiting game, there is a really good chance that our daughter/daughters are alive. It is killing my heart this season for her/them to not have a forever family. And it is miserable (in a good way) to want to be with her/them and celebrate the birth of Jesus. I am starting to understand how you can fall in love with a child that you have never seen or held. Cannot wait to be a Mama of 3 or 4. Merry Christmas to you all. We love you dearly.

1 comment:

The Truth Lies in the Middle said...

We are very excited for y'all.

Brian and Sarah Beth

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker