We got a wonderful email from our agency today stating that our paperwork had been sent to China....Dossier to China (DTC). I was so excited to get the email that I let out a big 'YES' and did a little dance in our kitchen....the kids thought I was nuts. It is a great relief to know that someone in a place on the other side of the world is going to hand deliver our stuff to the Chinese adoption authority.
If you are looking for some good reading...I have just finished two wonderful books. The first is 'Snow Flower and the Secret Fan' by Lisa See. Great historical fiction about a Chinese woman in 1823 ( all about foot binding, arranged marriages, family structure, etc). Amazing story to read especially when it is my little ones heritage. The other book is "China Ghost: My Daughter's Journey to America, My Passage to Fatherhood" by Jeff Gammage. A must read for all who are adopting or thinking about it and great for extended family members too. Gammage is a journalist and writes beautifully of his experience from a man's perspective but heart felt enough for women too!
I will keep you all updated on the next big date...LID. Love to each of you.
January 21, 2008
DTCed
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
You were DTC on my birthday and your adoption day is Stuart's birthday! :-)
Post a Comment