Scripture says that if we ask...God can move the mountains...."I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you." Matthew 17:20. We are asked often "why did you adopt?" Especially since, it is obvious that we have biological children. We were asked recently to answer that question for our church (during adoption month). So Why? Because the Lord commands that we care for orphans (james 1:27)...because He broke my heart for the fatherless while I was in high school, because the Holy Spirit got a hold of me and would not let me forget, because Anna Ward was on the other side of the world (suffering)and needed a family...because Bella Stewart is too! Because a women born in those countries (who is fatherless) has no hope for an education/job/marriage. My heart has been ripped open for orphans. I do not know what all this involves. I do not know how God will use this burden but it is big! I know today, that my current burden is to pray and pray for Isabella Stewart and go get her as soon as they let me. And my burden is to ask you to do the same. Join me in moving mountains. Pray for the orphan...pray for the fatherless/motherless. Pray and ask what you can do. Should you get in line to adopt, help others afford it, or volunteer? It only takes a small amount of faith to move the entire mountain. Love to each of you this day.
January 6, 2010
Move the Mountains...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
Beautiful post... much love and prayers to you all.
Wow!!! What a beautiful post!!! You know we are praying for you all here! Love you!! ;)
Post a Comment