September 22, 2008

Red Couch Time and AW's Visa

Dad will prepare this blog entry; forgive my lackluster prose.

As many of you know, it is customary for those who adopt from China (and who stay at the White Swan hotel) to have pictures of their children taken on or about the famous "Red Couch." Following breakfast, this is exactly what we did. In addition to pics of AW, we also had pictures taken of our family and of our entire travel group. Here are a few:









As you can see, I really "dressed-up." I think this was more about AW than any of us, and I guess that makes sense. (And I am out of clean clothes!)


After lunch, some of us went to the "Pearl Market" which was a type of indoor mall. Lots of pearls and other stuff. I carried AW and she slept through much of the trip. This taxi ride was much calmer than the ones we had in Lanzhou which were similar to a night race at Bristol (with no safety harness).





On the way to the Pearl Market.





Good news from the US Consulate: all looks good for AW's Visa. All of her paperwork was submitted today and all looked ok. We have an appointment with the Consulate tomorrow and we all will take the oath.


We have a free day Wednesday and then we head for the airport very very early Thursday morning.



Thanks to L for allowing me to share our day's events. I probably will not be allowed to post again.



I look forward to seeing everyone soon.


jw



3 comments:

Kerry said...

Hi Lovell - Katie's friend Kerry here. I'm so thrilled for you guys, She is beautiful. Congratulations!

Heather said...

I love those smiles!! I know you are probably anxious to get home. We are so happy for you and can't wait to see you all together in person!

Lee Anne Bryant said...

it's probably a little late since you are about to leave, but the laundry on the island is quick and fairly inexpensive. I've loved following your China trip.

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker